Backgroud

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Don't let Satan Win!


Have you ever wonder if you are really forgiven?  It took me a while to understand weather or not I felt like God really forgave me for my sins.  I then realized i really wasn't wondering if God forgave me, it was more if I forgave myself or the person that I may have harmed forgave me.  I kept wondering why I didn't allow myself to forgive myself or maybe even wondered why the person that I harmed couldn't forgive me.  God had forgiven me already, but I still felt awful.  That was Satan.  It was Satan that kept making me feel that way.  It was Satan that made me feel like I wasn't forgiven.  It was Satan that was hovering over the person I harmed and making that person not able to forgive me.  But I was truly, honestly deep down inside sorry for my sin.  We have to understand that Satan is real and he tries everything for you or I to feel awful, because if we were happy we would be praising God.  Satan doesn't want our Father to win.  I am sure he is clinching his teeth as I type this blog.  He's mad because I am spreading his secrets.  Well Satan, you loose and my God wins.  

One of the greatest things that I love about the Catholic Faith is confession.  You laugh?  It's so true!  I love confession.  I am so thankful that we have it.  People who are not Catholic always ask me why I feel the need to confess to a Priest when I can go straight to God.  I tell them that I do go straight to God and when I go to confession and Hear that I am resolved of my sins makes me feel deep down inside that I am acutely forgiven and it's coming straight from God.  To hear those words are truly amazing.  YOU.  ARE.  RESOLVED.  OF.  YOUR.  SINS.  It's then that God works through the Priest, hears your cry, hears your sorriness,  sees you pain and forgives you.  There were times that I would ask God to forgive me while not going to confession, and I felt different from when I was in confession.  Something seemed to have been missing.  It was this:

James 5:16 

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

So don't let Satan win!  Learn to forgive, and be forgiven.  

Hey!  Do me a favor and spread this blog around!  I need followers! :) Thanks in advance, E     

No comments:

Post a Comment