Backgroud

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Do you pray wrong?


Have you ever wondered why your prayers may not be answered?  I had to realize sometime unanswered prayers are a blessing.  The last couple of weeks I have sat down and thought about my life.  I was thanking God for the answered and not answered prayers.  I have to say that I have been so blessed.  I had a running list of things I asked God for and didn't receive.  I now thank him for those unanswered prayers. I may have been young, stubborn, or maybe selfish at the time but I can honestly say that I am so happy that He gave me the gift of something else.

I used to pray to ask God for things that I wanted.  One day I went to confession and explained to the priest that I was really frustrated and felt like God wasn't listening to me.  I told him that my prayers were not being answered for certain things like a great job that I interviewed for or the perfect house that I wanted.  He told me that I was praying wrong.  I never believed that someone could ever pray wrong until he told me this: (PAY ATTENTION TO MY NEXT SENTENCE)   

Stop praying for what you want for yourself and start praying for what God wants for you.

Is this how you pray?  Try it.  You will be amazed.  I tried it and I can't tell you how amazing it feels to receive a blessing that I know God wanted me to have.  

I leave you with this, one of my favorite verses:

Jeremiah 33:3

New International Version (NIV)
3 ‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’

1 comment: