Backgroud

Monday, June 25, 2012

The two words I hate to hear


I have been struggling for some time know.  I know of a lot of woman that struggle like I do.  Weight loss…..two words that woman don’t like to think about.  I have a goal to lose at least 20 lbs so that I can feel better about myself as well has healthier.  I have always been really athletic but since  I have had my sweet baby girl it’s been hard to find enough time in the day.  Well I say that but I am not an early bird.  If you know me, well you know I LOVE my sleep.  Today I was looking at some old pictures and I was a lot smaller than I am right now.  It hurt.  I don’t want to feel hurt about my body.  I prayed.  I sat there and prayed and watch a youtube video on the Blessed Mother.  Then it came to me. 

Elise it’s time to feel better about yourself so you can feel so much happier.  If you get tired or don’t think you can do it then pray.  Pray while you work out just like you pray when you fast.

So I have decided to try my hardest to not only do this for myself but also for God.  I can always use that extra time to spend some time with God. Tomorrow I will start working out with my cousin, who (bless her heart) is at the track at 5am every morning to work out and then go to work.  This will be very hard for me because as I stated above…I LOVE MY SLEEP.  If It seems hard to wake up I will ask God to send his angels to left my body out of bed.  Then if I can’t run that fast I will ask God to send our Blessed Mother to left my feet. Then If I can’t pass the finish line I will ask God to tell me that the can.  Pray for me.  Pray that I can do this so I can feel better about myself, so I can also feel happier.   

Just some Bible verses about your body to motivate me as well. 

Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, 20 for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NLT) 



Spend your time and energy in training yourself for spiritual fitness. Physical exercise has some value, but spiritual exercise is much more important for it promises a reward in both this life and the next. This is true and everyone should accept it. 1 Timothy 4:7-9 (NLT) 



Don’t be impressed with your own wisdom. Instead, fear the LORD and turn away from evil. Then you will have healing for your body and strength for your bones. Proverbs 3:7-8 (NLT) 


If you are in need of prayer for fitness and health please let me know so I can pray for you as well!  Power of prayer is amazing! 




-E



No comments:

Post a Comment